the future of android At the end of 2013, more than three quarters of all smartphones sold around the world ran Android, with Samsung selling as much as 40 per cent on its own. Android also dominates tablet market share […]
Next-gen specs in the spotlight New developments are set to blow away current technologies. zom is shaping up nicely… Along with advanced operating system software will be advanced hardware. For example. revealed in the assets of Android 4.3 is the […]
Android 5.0: what can we expect? The rumour mill is already in overdrive with what could be included Android 5.0 features Google previously out-manoeuvred experts who believed that Android 5.0 would appear in 2013. Instead. we saw the release of […]
the future of android
At the end of 2013, more than three quarters of all smartphones sold around the world ran Android, with Samsung selling as much as 40 per cent on its own. Android also dominates tablet market share and app downloads, and has been moving into new classes of product including cameras, games consoles and watches.
Will Android’s dominance continue Wit° 2014. and what can you expect to see from it if it does? Smartphones available during 2014 will initialy include the latest version of Android, 4.4 or KitKat. then, later in the year, Android 5.0 and new, 64-bit CPUs such as the new Exynos, eye-scanning technology. enhanced fingerprint technology and advanced camera facilities such as the eight-rnegapixel ISOCELL sensors to boost image quality. With the recent attention drawn to curved screens, expect to see more of these features using OLEO technology.
Also expect to see Developers can and will quickly switch their priorities Tin Sheppard, senior analyst at Canalys
self-healing properties to phone chassis design to protect againt scratches the future of android. One of the most exciting developments in the phone arena is being created by Motorola under its Project Ara scheme to create a truly modular handset. That is you buy a phone as you would a bunch of Lego bricks and plug in those features you require.
On top of a basic structural frame and circuit board, you can choose from a series of modules. Perhaps you’ll be able to add a better camera, a boosted Wi-Fi antenna, more storage or replace a broken piece to extend the fife of your phone. While we may not see a commercial/ releasable. modular phone in 2014, we should see the end of the the future of android development process in that time. While the mobile phone sector is powering ahead. the tablet sector is finally looking good for 2014. According to Canalys’ senior analyst Tim Shepherd, ‘Android is expected to continue to close the ecosystem lead iOS has 11 tablets and increase share in corning quarters,’ he said. ‘Developers can and will quickly switch their priorities as different opportunities evolve and improve:
Innovation For tablets.
look out for true Wireless charging technologies implemented along with even more powerful CPU technology. Expect to see the emergence of 8-core CPU technology here the future of android. Turning to the supporting software for both tablets and phones. Shepherd added: ‘We expect to see a substantial increase in the quantity. as well as the quake, of apps brit or optimised for Android tablets over the next 12 months.
as Google brings more attention to them through improvements to the Play store and as the addressable base of devices confirms to soar.’ Interestingly, many of the forthcoming developments that we hope to see in 2014 are already signposted in Google’s latest Android 4.4 operating system. For example the future of android. TV support is directly addressed as Kitkat reportedly enables developers to build apps that control switches. televisions and tuners via built-in infrared controllers. We’ve already seen IR equipped devices from THC and Samsung. but these are third-party software implementations to handle your TV.
Building this support into Android could help create a more unified system and potentially turn Android devices into the ultimate universal remote control. Expect to see more TV-related technologies in 2014. The recent trend for wearable technologies might be on Coors mild too with support for three new the future of android
NFC is dead—Bluetooth will be an industry-leading technology Steve Cheney, industry analyst
sensors, including a geomagnetic rotation vector, a step detector and a step counter.
- This type of support could work with HTC’s proposed new wearable technology phone/camera (see Android In The Home) but also Google’s rumoured srnartwatch,
which utilises Google Now to talk to smartphones. One of the biggest drivers of wearable technology is the mobile app.
- Companies such as Azumio, Nike+, WebMD and others are producit software that benefits wearable technologies. During next year, WebMD and chip manufacturer Qualcomm’s Life collaboration partnership will help consumers sync collected data and give consumers the opportunity to take charge of their health via a technology ecosystem of digital health apps and third-party devices. The new OS will also handle believes that. while the former might forge ahead in the Andrcid world.
- the future of android latter is going nowhere: ‘NFC is dead—Bluetooth has arrived. Its been around forever but. up to ww. its been crappy. Bluetooth LE (also called Bluetooth Smart) changes everything. Connections. pairing, device management etc will finally work
Huang also said Android’s potential goes beyond gaming into virtually every corner of connected living. Tegra’s presence in automotive systems and set-top boxes, data centres, all-in-one PCs and more make it the perfect platform for the future, Huang noted, calling Google’s mobile OS “the most disruptive operating system that we’ve seen in a few decades.” Cheney, agreed, “There’s more to the platform wars than mobile. Android is starting to take off in non-mobile markets in a massive way. To date, Linux has been the dominant OS but Android is now taking some embedded designs which would have run Linux. The effective decoupling of Android from carriers for non-mobileclick download pdf
Next-gen specs in the spotlight
New developments are set to blow away current technologies. zom is shaping up nicely…
Along with advanced operating system software will be advanced hardware. For example. revealed in the assets of Android 4.3 is the so-called XXXHDPI resolution. a pixel per inch density of 640. To put that into context. the HTC One phone’s full HO screen has a dpi of 480. In other words. Android now supports resolutions far higher than 1080p — that implies support for 4K television screens and indeed a Google engineer has confirmed as much. Google has. thus. future-proofed its operating system for use with televisions four times the resolution of most current HD TVs. And to power that new graphics standard? Qualcomrn is looking to
release the quad-core Snapdragon 806.
This chip integrates faster CPU cores with speedier memory, a more efficient modem and a considerably more powerful GPU. One of the bottlenecks in ARM performance is in memory bandwidth but the controller in Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 805 doubles bandwidth to 25.6 gigabytes per second. Next-gen specs in the spotlight Users mil actually be able to use devices rendering 41( images and video without everything grinding to a halt the moment they interact with the content.
Next-gen specs Expect to see the new CPU in the first half of 2014. And to power these wonder phones? How about curved batteries? Or better still. bendy batteries in the shape of a cable? That’s what LG’s sub-division. LG Chem. is currently working on. In fact, you wal find them in LG’s next suite of phones in 2014.
Could ne Se mass market curved screens?
more game : google play
what can we expect? The rumour mill is already in overdrive with what could be included
Android 5.0 features
- Google previously out-manoeuvred experts who believed that Android 5.0 would appear in 2013. Instead. we saw the release of an interim, yet important, release’ Android 4.4 KitXat. Before Android 5.0 does arrive, however. Google is attempting to get its house in order by attempting to reduce fragmentation, taking more control of the software. In Android 4.4. this means that more services are becoming standalone apps that can be updated directly via Google May rather than via an OS upgrade. The idea being that older budget and mid-range phones, running earlier versions of Android. will no longer be left behind. So. if Android 4.4 is allowing everyone to play catch-up. Android 5.0 features shodd move Android onto.
- the next technological level: providing shiny. power-hungry features for high-end phones. Slated for release midway through 2014. possibly at Google I/O. Android 5.0 features has been rather coy in revealing its capabilities. There are rumours, of course. including talk of a pattern recognition app launcher. increased automation and a big push to tie all your content and devices together. Its codename will begin with the letter L. but we don’t as yet know what it will be.
Android in the home
- The world’s most popular OS is set to branch out beyond the traditional
- Android is continuing to broaden its influence during 2014. infiltrating into technology areas away from the phone and tablet. HTC, for example. is rumoured to be working on a new smartwatch with an integrated camera. It is slated fa a second half of 2014 launch. Google has also recently acquired Android-based smartwatch maker 1VIMM labs so its dearly keen to explore how the OS can power those devices. Also new on the horizon is a watch by Android — a manufacturer that has nothing to do with Google — but is now creating its first Android compatible. smartwatch.
- Google is also keen to see more recent versions of Android OS used within related TV hardware in 2014. Rebranding its Google 1V to Android TV. the company has announced that giving manufacturers of Android TV-related products to upgrade their OS to version 4.2 to allow for easier technology integration. Finally. Android is looking to protect your leisae pursuits with the eluetooth-powered &flock. a digitally encrypted. key-less bike lock that pairs with your phone. In fact. you don’t even have to take your phone out of your pocket the lock senses your phone so a button on the lock is all that’s required to activate it.
The amazingly popular iOS game earned over two million downloads during its first weekend of availability on Android and despite myriad sequels and spinoffs, it is still a great game to play.
The Android version of Angry Birds is free, unlike the Apple release, with maker Rovio opting to stick a few adverts on it rather than charge an upfront fee. The result is a massive and very challenging physics puzzler that’s incredibly polished and professional. For free. It defies all the laws of modern retail.
The first game was released on iOS on December 10, 2009. In the game, players use a slingshot to launch birds at swine stationed on or within various structures, with the intent of destroying all the swine on the playing field. As players advance through the game, new types of birds become available, some with special abilities that can be activated by the player. Rovio Mobile has supported Angry Birds 2 with numerous free updates that add additional game content, and the company has also released stand-alone holiday and promotional versions of the game.
Bebbled is your standard gem-shuffling thing, only presented in a professional style you wouldn’t be surprised to see running on something featuring a Nintendo badge with an asking price similar to that of a Blu-ray disc.
You only drop gems on other gems to nuke larger groups of the same colour, but with ever-tightening demands for score combos and scenes that require you to rotate your phone to flip the play field on its head, Bebbled soon morphs into an incredibly complex challenge.
Amazing strategic/arcade tower defense!
Way back in ancient history, when humans and dragons live in peace, the human emperor once heard eating dragon eggs will make one live forever. Since then, the war between humans and dragons has begun.Lair Defense: Dungeon You are the ONE to stop the greedy humans from stealing eggs and killing dragons.
- Fire Dragon: Defends against invading enemies with fiery power. It is one of the most powerful and ancient creatures.
- Ice Dragon: A heroic defender specializes in ice attack. It can freeze invading enemies.
- Poison Dragon: Defends against invading enemies with poisonous power. Getting too near to it is horribly dangerous.
- You can raise dragon from young to adult and giant. Many special skills are only available for adult/giant dragon.
- Fire rain: special spell that damage an area by fire rain.
- Ice up: A spell that temporarily freeze all enemies.
- Varying from armless peasants to druids, the masters of magic power.
- Thieves move fast and become invisible as they like;
- Mage is immune to fire dragon attacks.
- Priest is the master of healing and prevervation. They can heal themselves quickly.
- And many more enemies are joining battle as level goes.
Command your dragons to stop greedy humans from stealing eggs now, HERO!
What’s in this version:
Add global ranking for endless mode
*** Add 4 awesome skills !!! ***
Double attack for all dragons.
Damage all enemies with fire rain.
Restore all the eggs, immediately.
Halve speed of all enemies
*** Please TURN SOUND OFF if the game still crashes on your device ***
Lair Defense: Dungeon download apk free :